Welcome to NAFA Network’s second edition of 2022, concluding a spring that has somehow passed in a blur for many of us…
For starters, we'd like to draw your attention to the following upcoming deadlines:
- 18 June: Call for papers for Visual Anthropology and Speculative Futures conference
- before 24 June: You can still register to attend the hybrid Filming fieldwork event: Megha Wadhwa in conversation with Andy Lawrence
- 31 August: Call for films for RAI Film Festival 2023
- 1 November: Call for films for Days of Ethnographic Film 2023
We'd also like to celebrate the release of the most recent volume of TRAJECTORIA, the international online peer-reviewed journal published annually by the National Museum of Ethnology (Minpaku) in Japan.
Finally, we want to repeat our mantra from last time: we are nothing without you and your valuable input. We hope that you will join and actively shape this new platform together with us in the future:
- Can’t find your teaching programme or collective on the VA Map? Submit your suggestion here.
- Did you notice that specific film festivals did not make it into the Calendar yet? Use this link to provide us with the correct info.
- Are you thinking about writing a review piece for our Blog? We are happy to receive contributions here.
Please observe that the deadline for blog contributions (between 800-2000 words) for the next volume is 16 September 2022.
Happy reading, and keep safe!
Your editorial team,
Anne Sofie, Armina, Anne, Christos and Christian
Hu Tai-Li, Doyenne of Visual Anthropology in Taiwan has passed away, 9 May 2022 Hu Tai-Li had a PhD from […]
Online submissions for Days of Ethnographic Film (DEF) 2023 film festival are now open. Days of Ethnographic Film festival will […]
The RAI FILM FESTIVAL 2023 is hosting an online academic conference on 6-10 March 2023. Paper presentations will be delivered […]
Hybrid Event in Berlin on June 24, 2022, 13:00 – 14:00 (CEST) In recent years and also in migration studies, […]
Applications for Tallinn Anthropology’s Audiovisual Ethnography Pathway are open The pathway has a primary focus on the production of audiovisual […]
Registration is now open for the biennial anthropology conference (June 2-4 2022). The Virtual Otherwise will be a pre-recorded conference […]
The festival presents the most recent productions of ethnographic films and acts as a platform for a dialogue between anthropology […]
The RAI Film Festival is the UK’s longest running festival for new voices in ethnographic and anthropological documentary cinema. Film […]
TRAJECTORIA is an international online peer-reviewed journal published annually by the National Museum of Ethnology (Minpaku) in Japan. The journal […]