The festival presents the most recent productions of ethnographic films and acts as a platform for a dialogue between anthropology and documentary filmmaking. The event will have a hybrid format and run between 25 – 29 May 2022:
- most films will be screened in Paulinerkirche, Göttingen, Germany, and
- many of the screened films as well as some quite impressive long films will be available online for a limited period of time for registered visitors.
GIEFF is a meeting point of young students of anthropology, sociology and media studies, who are interested in the use of film as research method, mode of publishing and communicating research results. The student film competition is one of the central events of the festival.
74 presentations were selected, coming from 35 nationalities and representing people in 45 countries:
- 24 for the student film section,
- 35 for the main festival and
- 15 films for the online-only part.
Thematic focuses are: Living Environment, Ideas of Value, Border Experiences, Women’s Perspectives and Family Life. More info about the programme and festival can be found on the GIEFF website.
Early bird registration is available till 25 April here.